I’m an overseas resident, can I apply for these jobs?

If you are living overseas and want to work in New Zealand you must:

  • be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand Residence Permit holder or,
  • be an Australian citizen or an Australian resident who holds a current Australian Resident Return Visa or,
  • have lawful authority to work in New Zealand which includes a Work Permit with conditions that allow the holder to work in the position applied for or,
  • have a variation of condition to a Visitor or Student Permit that allows such work.

People in New Zealand on a Working Holiday Scheme Permit are not permitted to take up permanent employment.

Find out how to qualify to live in New Zealand please visit the Immigration New Zealand website – www.immigration.govt.nz/nzopportunities

The process for obtaining a Work Permit is best explained by looking at the Department of Labour Immigration New Zealand website at www.immigration.govt.nz

Other useful links