This page hosts RSS news feeds from international conservation agencies and green career websites. If you have a feed that you’d like to contribute then drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We specifically cater for people looking for work (advancement or change) in the outdoor education, outdoor recreation, interpretive communication, environmental education, extension, park management and conservation fields in Australia (and New Zealand). So if you are an outdoor educator, an interpreter, a bush regenerator, park ranger or ecologist or someone looking for a job in one of these professions – COOEEads is the site for you!
- Outdoor Education Assistant (x2) – Brisbane Girls Grammar School – Imbil, QLDTwo full-time, fixed-term positions available from February to November 2020 Brisbane Girls Grammar School is one of Australia’s leading independent girls’ schools. It provides a broad, liberal education for 1380 girls from Years 7 to 12, establishing the foundation for young women to contribute confidently to their world with wisdom, imagination and integrity. The role ... read more
- Outdoor Education Team Leader – Googa Outdoor Education Centre – Blackbutt, QLDSalary based on Lutheran Education Queensland Outdoor Education Enterprise Bargaining Agreement An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic person to be involved in a Christian community providing four week outdoor education programs in the Lutheran Education System. The full-time position involves leading a team of 2-3 instructors in the delivery of the program. General job responsibilities ... read more
- Facilitator Vacancies – Higher Ground – Pomona, QldFixed-term, full-time position Higher Ground are seeking qualified and experienced facilitators to join our current team into 2020. We are offering fixed-term positions featuring a variety of centre and expedition-based programs. As an organisation with 21 years’ experience, Higher Ground seeks to develop confident individuals, responsible global citizens, and lifelong learners through outdoor and experiential ... read more
- Outdoor Education/Environmental Science Teacher – Alice Miller School – Macedon Ranges, VICOur secondary school in the Macedon Ranges is looking for an adventurous, imaginative, innovative outdoor educator for 2020. This is a full-time position for at least twelve months, quite possibly longer, and requires an experienced person with strong leadership skills. A cross between Bear Grylls, Jane Goodall, Phurba Tashionce would be… okay, enough of that: ... read more
- Senior Program Facilitator Level 3 – UC Camping – Merricks, VICMerricks Lodge Full-time or part-time contract role initially for 6 months with the possibility of extension A mix of program, marketing, and administration activities New and dynamic role in our program & relationships team About the role We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced outdoor educator and program facilitator. This is a fixed-term contract ... read more
Conservation Jobs (UK)
Welcome to Conservation Jobs! Find the latest jobs, voluntary opportunities, events and worldwide projects in conservation as well as the news and blogs.
- Grey Squirrel Officer (Tayside)Seasonal post mid January – end July 2020 Location: Home based within east Angus (Forfar–Montrose area) Saving Scotland’s Red Squirrels – Developing Community Action (SSRS-DCA) is a project to secure the long-term future of red squirrels in Scotland by building capacity among communities of volunteers and land managers to take on some of the essential protection measures required to protect the red squirrels in key areas. As part of this ... read more
- Grey Squirrel Officer – Western TaysideFull-time and fixed term for 2 years (starting ASAP) Location: Home based, ideally Perth/Dunkeld area Saving Scotland’s Red Squirrels – Developing Community Action (SSRS-DCA) is a project to secure the long-term future of red squirrels in Scotland by building capacity among communities of volunteers and land managers to take on some of the essential protection measures required to protect the red squirrels in key areas. As part of this programme ... read more
- Senior Technical Bid Writer (Full-Time / Permanent)About Us We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two ... read more
- Red Squirrel RangerThis is an exciting opportunity to be part of an established red squirrel conservation project based in the North Merseyside and West Lancashire red squirrel stronghold. This is a unique landscape combining large urban areas and woodland of mixed uses. The Red Squirrel Ranger will carry out grey squirrel control within this area, liaising with landowners, volunteers and the general public to deliver effective conservation for red squirrels. We are ... read more
- The Duncan Louis Stewart Fellow in Natural History -School NaturalistApplications are invited for this Fellowship, which is tenable for two years from 1 January 2020. This unique and inspiring opportunity to join Winchester College as the Duncan Louis Stewart Fellow in Natural History was established in 2016 in memory of Wykehamist Duncan Stewart, a passionate advocate of natural history, with the aim of promoting an interest in all aspects of natural history throughout the school. The Fellow will join ... read more
Conservation International (World-wide)
For more than 25 years, Conservation International has been protecting nature for the benefit of everyone on Earth.
But we’re not a run-of-the-mill environmental organization. We’re more like a human organization. We know that human beings are totally dependent on nature — and that when we work to save nature, we’re really working to save ourselves. CI is helping to build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet, for you and for everyone.
CI’s work focuses on science, policy, and partnership with businesses and communities. The organization employs more than 1,000 people and works with 2,000+ partners in more than 30 countries. CI has helped establish 1,200 protected areas across 78 countries and protected more than 730 million hectares of land, marine and coastal areas.
- Feed has no items.
Society for Conservation Biology (US)
The Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) is an international professional organization dedicated to promoting the scientific study of the phenomena that affect the maintenance, loss, and restoration of biological diversity. The Society’s membership comprises a wide range of people interested in the conservation and study of biological diversity: resource managers, educators, government and private conservation workers, and students make up the more than 5,000 members world-wide.
Fairfield University: Tenure Track Assistant Professor of Marine Biology
Fairfield University: Fairfield University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Marine Biology faculty position beginning Fall 2020. Fairfield, Connecticut (US)
Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies: Funded Master’s Project in Restored Prairie Plant Sampling: Madison, Wisconsin
Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies: Funded master’s project in restored prairie plant sampling in the Curtis Prairie, UW-Madison Arboretum. Madison, Wisconsin
Pennsylvania State University: Professor and Department Head of Ecosystem Science and Management
Pennsylvania State University: Play a key role in developing the future growth of an interdisciplinary faculty that focuses on ecology and management of natural resources. State College, Pennsylvania
American Rivers: Associate Director of Headwaters Conservation
$54,000-$66,000 annually plus generous benefits package: American Rivers: Build partnerships/manage projects to improve watersheds in the Sierra Nevada: meadow stream restoration, improve forest health, green infrastructure. Nevada City, California
Pennsylvania State University: Assistant/Associate Professor in Restoration Genetics/Director of the Louis W. Schatz Center
Pennsylvania State University: We are seeking a candidate with interest in the genetics of species conservation and restoration, especially with forest trees and other plants. State College, Pennsylvania