Website Gisborne District Council
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated individual to lead the efficient delivery and management of the water, wastewater, stormwater, river control and land drainage and coastal protection resources in the Gisborne District.
Core functions of the role include:
- Providing leadership, management & support of Councils 4 waters operations teams.
- Ensuring the provision of services, project management and contract preparation for operational and capital works to the relevant technical, environmental and quality standards.
- Maintain successful and appropriate relationships with residents and ratepayers, community groups, industry representatives, contractors, Ministry of Health, other local authorities and other external agencies, and other council sections and departments.
- Management of allocated budgets, planning and forecasting in accordance with the Annual Plan and Long-term plan.
Candidates will require extensive understanding of local government capital infrastructure as related to asset management, budgeting construction, maintenance and operations. They will need to have strong leadership abilities and have the ability to work in a complex and politically sensitive environment.
The role will therefore require:
- An appropriate engineering or science degree.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience working in a similar or relatable management role
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Sound and up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, including the Resource Management Act, Local Government Act, Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act.
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects.
- Well-developed facilitation and effective negotiation ability.
- Community, cultural and political awareness.
- Relationship, persuasion and influencing skills.
In return, we offer you the chance to join our experienced team in a brand new collaborative and modern work space and an enviable lifestyle living in the beautiful Tairāwhiti District. If this sounds like the career move you have been looking for, please get in touch through the details below. We would love to hear from you!
For further information please contact David Wilson, email: David.Wilson@gdc.govt.nz or phone: (06) 869 2356.
Apply Online www.gdc.govt.nz
Applications close: 10am Monday, 29th April 2019.
To apply for this job please visit gdcgovt-openhire.silkroad.com.