This is a fixed term role for 12 months
Do you have superlative relationship building skills? Are you known for your organisational and time management skills?
A unique opportunity has become available to work in our Aoraki/Mt Cook office providing administrative support to the local team, as well as working with the local community to get others engaged and active in supporting conservation.
Your administration skills will be second to none as you provide a range of administrative functions to make sure teams are well supported. Your interpersonal and communication skills will come in handy when dealing with both internal and external clients, and your excellent customer service skills will se you flourish.
You will also support our Operations Teams in Aoraki/Mt Cook and Twizel, working with community groups to achieve the very best outcome for conservation in these districts.
You will be responsible for
- Providing reception support, and answering public queries
- Providing financial support in processing and generating invoices
- Processing one-off Permits
- Supporting the local compliance teams
- Supporting the Learning Outside the Classroom programme for Aoraki
The ideal applicant will:
- Have experience, in working with community and iwi, and providing customer service/administrative support
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about conservation
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a strong networker, with positive working relationships across a broad range of public and private sector businesses and groups
We can offer you variety in your work and the opportunity to contribute to New Zealand being the greatest living space on Earth.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the project description.
For more information please contact Sandra McMurdo, email@example.com, or telephone (027) 536 7037, quoting vacancy 100/3707T.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 12 November 2018.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.