Website Waipa District Council
12 Months Fixed-Term Position
With our Biodiversity Planner gearing up to take parental leave shortly, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate conservationist with relevant qualifications and practical experience to join our fun, supportive and committed parks team.
From advocacy and facilitation to project and contract management, the role offers a great range of opportunities to protect, restore and enhance Waipā’s biodiversity.
The focus for the 12 months will be on the restoration of key sites such as Lake Ngā Roto, Lake Mangakaware and Karapiro Gully, preparing a new pest and weed control contract, assessing resource consents, growing conservation partnerships and providing input into a number of council-wide planning projects.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Ideally a minimum of an undergraduate qualification in a relevant field such as environmental planning or biological sciences;
- Ideally a minimum of three years’ experience in a relevant technical or policy advisory role;
- Sound relevant technical knowledge;
- Outstanding communication and relationship building capabilities;
- A desire to advocate strongly for Waipā’s biodiversity; and
- A full and current driver’s licence.
If this role excites you, and you’re keen to work with a bunch of great people who love what they do, we need to hear from you – come and join us! The role starts on 30 June 2021 and ends 19 July 2022.
For any questions, please contact HR Advisor Georgia Derbyshire at email@example.com to schedule a confidential discussion.
To apply for this job, please go online to www.joinourteam.co.nz and enter the job code – 15354NCS
Applications close: Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 5.00 PM.
To apply for this job please visit www.joinourteam.co.nz.