Website SPS Biosecurity Limited
SPS Biota (SPS Biosecurity Ltd) is a leading organisation in the delivery of biosecurity, agricultural development and plant quarantine services. We operate throughout New Zealand and the wider Asia Pacific region, working with a diverse range of Government, NGO and primary sector partners.
We are looking for motivated, self-reliant person to undertake surveillance work in urban, farm and plantation forest locations.
- Pest and disease surveys in plantation forests, horticultural properties and urban green spaces
- Pest responses for insects, weeds and plant pathogens
- Assisting with offshore programmes.
This position is based with our Auckland Team, located in Penrose. However, consideration will be given to being based in other locations for the right applicant.
Qualifications and requirements
- Have at least 3 years relevant experience in biosecurity or the primary sector, and ideally hold a tertiary qualification in biological sciences, forestry or horticulture
- Experience, fitness and confidence to work at times in remote and challenging locations
- Have tree identification/ botanical skills or an interest to learn
- You will need to already be in NZ and have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit
- Be willing to travel away for up to 2 weeks at a time (usually only 5 days)
- Have no colour blindness
- Have a full, clean driver’s license (experience driving a 4WD would be helpful).
If you think this sounds like the career for you and want to work with a diverse, friendly team, please send a current CV and any other relevant employment related documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or feel free to contact us if you would like more information.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.