Website NZ Biosecurity Services Ltd
- Keep fit while enjoying the great outdoors
- Join an established and growing privately-owned organisation
- Opportunity to bring your technical and leadership skills to make your mark
Be a part of protecting NZ’s unique biodiversity and environment for future generations.
NZ Biosecurity Services Ltd is a privately-owned company that operates nationally in assisting government agencies in protecting and investigating against all threats to our biodiversity. We specialise in the provision, control and monitoring of Biosecurity, Pest Plant, and Pest Animal services. We also work with international trade businesses, and pacific island governments, to train and certify their staff in some biosecurity investigation and handling activities.
We are seeking a Field Operator to join our teams both in Auckland and Wellington as we head into a busy period of ecological restoration and revegetation works. To be outstanding in this role you will bring the necessary technical skills, be part of a team that is passionate about protecting New Zealand’s biodiversity and have a love for the great outdoors.
- Pest plant and pest animal control using mechanical and chemical methods
- Use field equipment such as knapsacks, chainsaws and scrub cutters
- Plant and equipment maintained, operated correctly and serviced to regulatory standards
- Proactively attain knowledge of new industry methods or processes
- Traffic Management
What you will bring:
- Full NZ Driver License and ability to operate a manual vehicle
- An Industry or Tertiary qualification in the areas of Chemical Application advantageous
- Practical experience of pest plant control, conservation or horticulture
- Quad Bike and 4WD experience
- Traffic Management STMS Level 1 experience
- Ability to develop and maintain a co-operative working relationship with other team members
- Have a passion for working in an environmentally sustainable workplace
- A love of the outdoors in all types of terrain and weather and physical fitness
- Role models the ability to manage their own time and resources to ensure goals are met
- Adaptable to change with a readiness to accept variety in the tasks required
- Willingness to work away from the home base as required
If you want to be part of our growing team and are willing to bring your down to earth, yet professional personality, we will provide a commitment to your personal and professional development and the opportunity to progress and up-skill in your role. If you approach challenges with enthusiasm and energy and feel that this role fits your experience and personality, please apply now.
Please apply to Lucy Hilling at email firstname.lastname@example.org with a Cover letter and current CV before Friday, 10 May 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.