Website Environment Southland
Career growth and lifestyle – you can have it all in Southland!
- Outdoor adventure on your doorstep
- Affordable housing, great schooling and short commutes
- Excellent remuneration and professional development
Here at Environment Southland we have a lifestyle that’s second to none, boasting easy access to beaches, rivers, lakes, ski fields, national parks and first class sports facilities. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our people’s work-life balance is a priority. Add to that affordable real estate, short commutes and a great range of schools. In Southland there is something for everyone!
We have a unique opportunity to work in pest management and biodiversity in the marine environment. You’ll be part of an organisation committed to managing natural resources.
This is not an entry position. The successful applicant will have a tertiary qualification in marine science/ecology or related areas, as well as a minimum of two years’ work experience in marine pest management and/or related areas.
You must be a competent SCUBA diver and snorkeler (with an up to date medical clearance for occupational diving; a Worksafe New Zealand Diver Certificate of Competence is also preferred).
This role includes regular operational and compliance trips to Fiordland so you must be comfortable working and living aboard a boat with a small team.
Project management experience is essential.
In addition, you will:
- Provide operational leadership to a joint agency marine biosecurity response programme in Fiordland and the implementation and compliance of the Fiordland Marine Regional Pathways Management Plan
- Assist the Biodiversity Programme Leader to implement the Southland Regional Biodiversity Strategy
- Develop and promote marine biodiversity programmes, including providing marine support and advice into relevant council strategies, policies and work programmes
- You will be self-motivated and enthusiastic, safety orientated and confident in communicating and working effectively with a wide variety of people. You will be able to act as a team leader, as well as a team member and be equally able to work independently.
If you want to be part of the Environment Southland family, apply now!
The salary band for this role is $67,490 – $75,430.
To apply for this job go to: environmentsouthland.recruitmenthub.co.nz & enter ref code: 4612937.
Applications close: Friday, 29 March 2019.
To apply for this job please visit environmentsouthland.recruitmenthub.co.nz.