Website Pukaha National Wildlife Centre
Pukaha National Wildlife Centre is currently looking for a 12 month intern ranger to join our Captive Breeding Team.
Pukaha works in close partnership with the Department of Conservation and Rangitane O Wairarapa and has a long history of successful captive breeding and husbandry programmes. Species currently include Kiwi, New Zealand Shore Plover, North Island Kokako, Hihi, North Island Kaka, Kakariki, Pateke, Tuatara and Whio.
The centre is currently experiencing an exciting period of change with increased number of breed for release programmes as well as plans for growth on the education and tourism sides of the business.
We are offering a twelve month unpaid internship within our captive breeding team starting November/December 2018. The successful applicant will be immersed in the Pukaha Captive Management team with plenty of opportunity for hands on learning and application of specialist husbandry and breeding skills. The intern will also be involved in some of the fieldwork carried out in the Pukaha reserve as part of the on-going forest restoration.
On-site accommodation is provided for the duration of the internship.
This is the perfect opportunity for recent graduates looking to move into a long-term career in conservation, anywhere in the world.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Applicants must have their own transport and need to be able to financially support themselves for the duration of the internship
- Must have completed studies in a related discipline at a New Zealand university or tertiary education provider
- Applications must be supported by a reference from current academic supervisor or university/polytechnic staff.
- Please complete the attached application questionnaire
- Attach a letter outlining what skills and attributes you can bring to the internship role, experience with New Zealand wildlife and motivation for applying for the position.
Applications close: Friday, 16th November 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.