Website Conservation Volunteers New Zealand
- Would you like to make a difference to the future of New Zealand’s natural environment and wildlife?
- Are you passionate about conservation?
If you share our values and vision for a healthy and sustainable environment, this could be the right opportunity for you.
The Team Leader is responsible for the safety, welfare and supervision of volunteers doing practical conservation work, ensuring our volunteers enjoy a positive project experience whilst working within the boundaries of occupational health and safety requirements. While Team Leaders have a base location, the ability to be away from home on residential projects may be required for the role.
For success in this role you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of practical conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills
- the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner.
A full Driver’s license is mandatory for all applicants. Senior or Level II First Aid, Defensive Driving certificate and a Ministry of Justice Check are essential to ensure the safety of our volunteers. If the successful candidate does not already possess these qualifications, Conservation Volunteers will assist in gaining them, as well as provide training to Level 3 standard in an OH&S subject.
For a full copy of the Position Description (including Key Selection Criteria) and application form visit http://conservationvolunteers.co.nz/about-us/careers/.
Applications close: Sunday, 28 April 2019.
To apply for this job please visit conservationvolunteers.co.nz.