Website Tū Mai Taonga
Tū Mai Taonga is a collaborative project initiated by the Aotea Conservation Park Advisory Committee (iwi representatives and members of the community), Department of Conservation and Auckland Council. The key objective is to protect native species and ecosystems in the Aotea Conservation Park and Northern Aotea. Intensified feral cat and rat management is a key focus.
We are seeking a part time experienced communications advisor (initially 20 hours/week) to act as the first point of contact for the community and co-ordinate and manage the delivery of all engagement and communications to ensure that the project is undertaken in a collaborative partnership with the community. This is a 2-year contract and is a contractor versus a salaried employee position.
- Current drivers’ licence
- Technical knowledge & experience in community engagement, media (including social media), and communication.
- Practical experience engaging & working with the community and negotiating desired outcomes.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills including public speaking and strategy writing.
- Competence with Microsoft Office programmes
- Ability to work from home.
- A team player who is well organised & able to self-manage job responsibilities and deadlines.
Preference will be given to a person who currently resides permanently on Aotea or who has strong connections on the island and wishes to return to the island to work. The position holder must reside on Aotea as their main residence while undertaking this work. If resident part time, the position holder needs to be on island for much of the time they are working, other than for tasks which can be carried out remotely.
Please send a short letter and CV to Jo Ritchie firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to have a chat about the job, need the job description please send an email and we will make contact with you. A job description is available. Please read it before you apply.
Applications close: Friday, 30 April 2021 at 4pm.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.