Website Nelmac Kūmānu
Nelmac Kūmānu are proud to contribute to the wellbeing of New Zealand communities; our people are kaitiaki of our natural and built environments working to enhance our environment for community wellbeing.
In this role you will utilise your previous experience in tree work to assist in tree felling/windfall clearance throughout our reserves. Your primary role will be to carry out Conservation tasks such as:
- Weed control and vegetation clearance as well as maintenance of the local regions recreational track network.
- It also may include planting during the Winter months.
- You will use chainsaws, scrub cutters and light machinery, as well as apply herbicides, which may include a knapsack or tank sprayer on steep and challenging terrain.
This is a hands-on physical role, which is at times repetitive. You will also be required to be outdoors in all weather conditions; thus, we expect you to be physically fit and motivated to work in these environments.
We’re looking for someone with practical experience in the conservation/outdoor environment. Would suit someone with a forestry / arboriculture background. We’re also open to applications from those ready to take the next step in their career who can lead a team on-site.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have the following:
- Must have Chainsaw and tree felling qualifications with experience
- An interest in native plant/pest plant identification
- A good level of health and safety awareness with a positive attitude.
Advantageous (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience using hand tools and light machinery, ideally with NZQA credits
- Four-wheel drive experience is an advantage (WTR preferable, digger experience would be an advantage)
- Growsafe certificate.
Why Join Us:
- This is a great opportunity to grow your career as we are committed to upskilling and developing staff.
- In addition, we have a great staff discount scheme.
Please note that applicants must have a current full drivers’ licence, NZ residency/citizenship or a valid NZ work visa and will be required to undergo pre-employment medical and drug screening, background and ACC checks.
How to apply
Please apply through our website on the Nelmac careers page (www.nelmac.co.nz/careers) with your CV and cover letter.
If you have any questions regarding the role or would like a copy of the position description please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday, 8 October 2021.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
To apply for this job please visit nelmac.elmotalent.co.nz.