Website Southern Lakes Sanctuary
Landscape Scale Predator Control
This new conservation role is an exciting but demanding position for a motivated, collaborative and well organised leader.
The project is funded through DOC’s Jobs for Nature program, providing both employment opportunities and game changing outcomes for wildlife conservation in the Wanaka and Whakatipu areas.
The Project Director will be supported by a skilled Board and operational team to deliver the following accountabilities:
- Ensuring predator control is delivered
- Leading and developing an effective team
- Managing project data
- Collaborating with technical and operational personnel
- High quality reporting
- Building and sustaining quality stakeholder relationships.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant conservation qualifications and/or experience
- Work experience managing staff, in-field duties and multi-tasking
- Proven project delivery and enjoyment of taking responsibilities
- Personal skills in relationship building and inter-personal communication
- Excellent administration and budget management skills;
- Clean and full NZ driver’s licence
- A strong health & safety ethic
- A positive attitude to getting things done.
This position is for a 3-year fixed-term, based in Central Otago with extensive regional travel. A position description and project synopsis is available upon request.
Applications with cover letter and CV to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday, 20 September 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.