Website Nelmac Kūmānu
Nelmac Kūmānu are proud to contribute to the wellbeing of New Zealand communities; our people are kaitiaki of our natural and built environments working to enhance our environment for community wellbeing.
Your primary role will be to carry out Conservation tasks such as:
- Weed control and vegetation clearance as well as maintenance of the local regions recreational track network.
- It also may include planting during the Winter months.
- You will use chainsaws, scrub cutters and light machinery, as well as apply herbicides, which may include a knapsack or tank sprayer on steep and challenging terrain.
This is a hands-on physical role, which is at times repetitive. You will also be required to be outdoors in all weather conditions; thus, we expect you to be physically fit and motivated to work in these environments.
We’re looking for someone with practical experience in the conservation/outdoor environment. We’re also open to applications from those ready to take the next step in their career who can lead a team on-site.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have the following:
- An interest in native plant/pest plant identification.
- A good level of health and safety awareness with a positive attitude.
Advantageous (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience using hand tools and light machinery, ideally with NZQA credits.
- Four-wheel drive experience is an advantage (WTR preferable, digger experience would be an advantage).
- Grow safe certificate.
- Chainsaw and tree felling qualifications with experience.
Why Join Us
- This is a great opportunity to grow your career as we are committed to upskilling and developing staff.
- In addition, we have a great staff discount scheme.
Please apply through our website on the Nelmac careers page (www.nelmac.co.nz/careers) with your CV and cover letter.
If you have any questions regarding the role or would like a copy of the position description please email: email@example.com
Please note that applicants must have a current full drivers’ licence, NZ residency/citizenship or a valid NZ work visa and will be required to undergo pre-employment medical and drug screening, background and ACC checks.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is recruited.
To apply for this job please visit nelmac.elmotalent.co.nz.