Website Wildland Consultants Ltd
Wildlands Tauranga are seeking full-time permanent Ecological Restoration Field Team members. These roles are to undertake ecological restoration works which includes pest plant control, planting and pest animal control.
It is essential that you have a willingness to contribute and work in a team, are physically fit, have a passion for working outdoors, in all sorts of weather. The work involves the use of agrichemicals (herbicides), animal toxins (poisons), and traps on a regular basis.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A genuine interest in working in the outdoors and achieving restoration goals.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- A good work ethic, efficient and H&S conscious.
- GPS use and other hand held devices (e.g. phone, camera).
- A good level of fitness.
- Full NZ drivers licence (manual)
- Plant identification
- Knowledge and experience of native planting, pest plant and animal monitoring and control.
Preferred applicants will hold CURRENT relevant qualifications and experience. These include Growsafe (Standard or Registered Chemical Applicator), First Aid, Chainsaw, 4WD, Controlled Substance Licence (CSL), ATV and SiteSafe passport. A clean full driver’s license for manual vehicles is essential.
Please apply with your CV with a detailed summary of your experience supervising/managing revegetation planting, pest plant and animal projects, and any relevant training, and qualifications, including verified copies of current certificates.
See our website www.wildlands.co.nz for further information on Wildland Consultants Ltd and how to apply for this position. Applications will only be accepted through this channel.
Applications close: Monday, 15 November 2021 at 5.00pm.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply for this job please visit www.wildlands.co.nz.