Website Wildland Consultants Ltd
Permanent full-time position
- Senior Management role
- Experienced Manager with field experience to lead restoration teams
- Committed to providing high-quality ecological restoration management services
- Join the team at Wildland Consultants
We are looking for a dynamic Ecological Restoration Manager to manage and coordinate our restoration work in Rotorua. The position offers the scope for an experienced field team manager to lead and develop a team of highly skilled and professional ecologists, and restoration team members, within an award winning multi-disciplinary consultancy. The role allows applicants the opportunity to manage field teams for broad range of ecological projects.
Management skills and experience, the ability to manage ecological and habitat restoration teams to successful completion, reporting and project management are key elements of the role. An in depth knowledge of Health and Safety practices and procedures in the field is important.
The role will require effective written and oral communication skills, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, for project reporting, ecological restoration and implementation plans, performance and financial reporting. We require an experienced field team manager capable of managing multiple projects. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunity to work in a leading NZ ecological consultancy committed to providing outstanding ecological services to sustain and improve our environments.
The successful applicant will work closely with our team, and our ecologists around NZ. They will require a proven track record in project management, including tenders and financial management, field work, technical reporting field staff management and deployment.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A relevant tertiary qualification, preferably post graduate.
- A genuine interest in working in the outdoors and achieving restoration goals.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate sound staff and project managerial skills.
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety procedures, monitoring and implementation in the field.
- Demonstrable experience in managing, reviewing and implementing multi-faceted projects.
- A variety of field work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including proposals and reporting.
- Ability to lead a team effectively.
- Advanced computer operating literacy including Microsoft Office applications and GPS/mapping software.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Reporting to the CEO.
- Restoration project management including client liaison, progress reports and financial control, ensuring effective delivery of projects to a high standard.
- Supporting and contributing to national company objectives.
- Proactively managing the flow of information, correspondence and queries.
- Proactively interpreting and taking appropriate actions/decisions.
- Ensuring company processes are adhered to including owning problems and identifying solutions.
If you have a genuine passion for ecological restoration and wetlands, experience in the field and good management skills, and are eager to become a valued member of the Wildlands team, register your interest today.
Wildland Consultants is a progressive consultancy specialising in ecology, biodiversity and restoration planning and implementation.
See our website www.wildlands.co.nz for further information on Wildland Consultants Ltd.
We provide outstanding ecological services to sustain and improve our environments.
Apply now! Please send your CV to Abi.Latham@wildlands.co.nz
Applications close: Monday, 25 March 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to Abi.Latham@wildlands.co.nz.