Website Wildland Consultants Ltd
- Ecological Restoration Field Team Leader and Supervisor roles.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Experienced in undertaking and supervising ecological restoration works.
- Costing of restoration projects.
- Problem solving.
- Health and Safety awareness.
- Report writing and client liaison.
- Internal training and mentoring.
- Health and Safety auditing.
- Quality control auditing.
- Pest animal monitoring and control.
Wildland Consultants Ltd is a progressive ecological consultancy specialising in ecology, biodiversity, ecological restoration, and landscape architecture. The company has offices throughout New Zealand and a nation-wide client base.
We are looking for experienced ecological restoration Team Leader and a Supervisor to assist in the management and coordination of our ecological restoration field team, based in Rotorua or Tauranga.
It is essential that you have at least 1 year experience as a Team Leader or 2-3 years’ experience as a Team Leader and ready to move into a Supervisor role or already undertaking and/or supervising ecological restoration works. It is also essential that you are able to communicate effectively to staff and clients, and have excellent planning and problem solving skills. This role requires visits to prospective and ongoing ecological restoration sites throughout the Bay of Plenty, leading a team carrying out physical works, quoting for new work, and auditing and monitoring existing projects. The work may also require staff to use agrichemicals (herbicides), animal toxins (poisons), and traps on an occasional basis.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A conservation qualification-graduate or post graduate in horticultural, ecological or earth sciences
- A genuine interest in working in the outdoors and achieving restoration goals.
- Native planting, pest plant and animal control experience.
- Project quoting, implementation and supervisory experience.
- Good botanical knowledge.
- Experience mentoring and training existing staff.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- A good work ethic and H&S conscious.
- Report writing and computer literacy (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and GPS/mapping software).
- Photography and handheld devices.
- A good level of fitness, the role will require field work and site visits.
Preferred applicants will hold CURRENT relevant qualifications and experience. These include Growsafe, First Aid, SiteSafe, Chainsaw, 4WD, Controlled Substance Licence (CSL) and ATV. A clean full driver’s license for manual vehicles is essential.
Please apply with your CV with a detailed summary of your experience supervising/managing revegetation planting, pest plant and animal projects, and any relevant training, and qualifications, including verified copies of current certificates.
See our website www.wildlands.co.nz for further information on Wildland Consultants Ltd. We provide outstanding ecological services to sustain and improve our environments.
Please apply in writing quoting the Job Title with your CV to:
Wildland Consultants Ltd
P.O. Box 7137
Te Ngae, ROTORUA, 3042
Applications close: Saturday, 12 January 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to Lesley.Fitton@wildlands.co.nz.