Website Wildland Consultants Ltd
Wildland Consultants Ltd is a progressive ecological consultancy specialising in ecology, biodiversity, ecological restoration, and landscape architecture. The company has offices throughout New Zealand and a nation-wide client base.
A full-time permanent Team Leader position is available at Wildlands Rotorua. This role is to lead a small team in the field undertaking ecological restoration works which includes pest plant control, planting and pest animal control.
An experienced Team Leader is preferred however applicants with at least 2-3 years’ experience as a Field Team Member will also be considered. It is essential that you are able to communicate effectively to staff, and have excellent planning and problem-solving skills and are efficient. This role requires visits to new and ongoing ecological restoration sites throughout the Bay of Plenty and south Waikato and possibly further afield where staying away overnight will be required. The work requires staff to use agrichemicals (herbicides), animal toxins (poisons).
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A conservation qualification-graduate or post graduate in horticultural, ecological or earth sciences.
- A genuine interest in working in the outdoors and achieving restoration goals.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of native planting, pest plant and animal monitoring and control.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in mentoring and training existing and new staff.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- A good work ethic, efficient and H&S conscious.
- GPS use and other hand held devices (e.g. camera).
- A good level of fitness.
- Full NZ drivers licence (manual).
- Can confidently tow a trailer.
Preferred applicants will hold CURRENT relevant qualifications and experience. These include Growsafe, First Aid, Chainsaw, 4WD, Controlled Substance Licence (CSL), ATV and SiteSafe. A clean full driver’s license for manual vehicles is essential.
Please apply with your CV with a detailed summary of your experience supervising/managing revegetation planting, pest plant and animal projects, and any relevant training, and qualifications, including verified copies of current certificates.
See our website www.wildlands.co.nz for further information on Wildland Consultants Ltd and how to apply for this position.
Applications close:Wednesday, 28 February 2020 at 5pm.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply for this job please visit www.wildlands.co.nz.