Website Wildland Consultants Ltd
Two full-time permanent Team Leader positions are available based at our Tauranga office. These roles are to lead small teams in the field undertaking ecological restoration works which includes pest plant control, planting and potentially pest animal control.
Professional Team Leaders with a minimum of three years’ experience is required. It is essential that you are able to communicate effectively to staff, and have excellent planning and problem-solving skills and are efficient in time management. This role requires visits to new and ongoing ecological restoration sites throughout the Tauranga area. The work requires staff to use agrichemicals (herbicides), vertebrate toxins (poisons) in a safe manner.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A genuine interest in working in the outdoors and achieving restoration goals.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in mentoring and training existing and new staff.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- A good work ethic, efficient and H&S conscious.
- GPS use and other hand held devices (e.g. phone, camera).
- A good level of fitness.
- Full NZ drivers licence (manual).
- Can confidently tow a trailer.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of native planting, pest plant and animal monitoring and control.
Preferred applicants will hold CURRENT relevant qualifications and experience. These include Growsafe (Standard or Registered Chemical Applicator), First Aid, Chainsaw, 4WD, Controlled Substance Licence (CSL), ATV and SiteSafe passport. A clean full driver’s license for manual vehicles is essential.
Please apply with your CV with a detailed summary of your experience supervising/managing revegetation planting, pest plant and animal projects, and any relevant training, and qualifications, including verified copies of current certificates via our website.
See our website www.wildlands.co.nz for further information on Wildland Consultants Ltd and how to apply for this position.
Applications close: Monday, 15 November 2021 at 5pm.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply for this job please visit www.wildlands.co.nz.