Website Wildland Consultants Ltd
- Enthusiastic knowledgeable Bat Specialist Ecologist with a post-graduate degree (MSc or PhD).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Committed to providing high-quality ecological advice.
- Join the team at Wildland Consultants.
We are looking for Senior Bat Specialist to join our nationwide team of dedicated and specialist ecologists. Wildlands ecologists provide services applying sound ecological principles and in-depth knowledge of New Zealand vegetation, flora, and fauna to a range of projects. They also identify and provide practical solutions to ecological challenges. We offer a competitive employment package, together with the opportunity to continue to develop your career in a leading NZ ecological consultancy with a large team of ecologists. We are seeking an experienced bat specialist ecologist for this role.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record in high quality assessments and technical reporting.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A post-graduate degree in ecology.
- Sound field skills covering a range of ecosystems, habitats, and taxa.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with New Zealand bats.
- Skills and experience with other New Zealand fauna (and vegetation and botany), and ecological restoration would be very useful.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate on appropriate technical and commercial levels to a diverse range of current and potential clients.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Further qualifications and membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Full current New Zealand driving licence
- 4WD experience.
- Operating at a professional level within the ecological sector.
- Development of solutions.
- Personal development and commitment to progressing your career as an ecologist.
- Supporting and contributing to our company objectives.
- Project management including client liaison, proposal and tender preparation, and financial control, ensuring effective delivery of projects to a high standard.
- Maintain and expand our client base and resource management in the bat field.
- Proactively managing the flow of information, correspondence, and queries.
- Proactively interpreting and taking appropriate actions/decisions.
If you have a genuine passion for bats, a strong technical background, and are eager to become a valued member of the Wildlands team, register your interest today.
Note: The location where the role is to be based is yet to be confirmed but is anticipated to be in the central to upper North Island.
We provide outstanding ecological services to sustain and improve our environments.
Applicants should demonstrate passion and knowledge of NZ ecology, with specialist knowledge in NZ bats.
Please apply in writing with a cover letter and your CV to: email@example.com
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.