Website Kaitiaki o Ngahere
- Share our passion for the environment.
- A diverse range of project portfolios.
- Based in beautiful Nelson.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an ecologist keen to make a positive impact on Nelson/Tasman’s natural environment. We are looking for someone highly organised with excellent communication skills who can provide innovative restoration advice and solutions to a wide range of public and private clients.
Kaitiaki o Ngahere is committed to the conservation and restoration of Aotearoa / New Zealand’s natural areas through the provision of specialist consulting and operational services. We specialise in ecological management with a particular focus on environmental pest plants.
Our ideal candidate will come to us with a love of working outdoors, a tertiary qualification in environmental science, ecology, geology or similar, and experience in a related field of environmental management.
In addition to a practical can-do attitude and the ability to engage positively and constructively with various audiences, we are looking for someone with:
- Strong knowledge of NZ fauna and flora
- Ability to prepare and implement ecological restoration plans for clients, including monitoring of weed control and revegetation work
- Experience undertaking ecological monitoring, inventories and surveys
- Skills in GIS/spatial mapping and analysis
- Appreciation for Te Ao Māori
- Working knowledge of contract and project management
- Excellent report writing and technical communication skills
- Proven experience in liaising between staff operating in the field and client contractual requirements
- A good level of health and safety awareness
- Fit for working in the field in all conditions with a positive attitude.
We cordially invite candidates that have the relevant outlined experience and are eligible to work in New Zealand to submit an up-to-date CV and cover letter (in Word please) to email@example.com. Alternatively, for a confidential conversation, you can contact Shelly Sidley 021 244 4225.
Applications close midnight on Wednesday, 20 October 2021.
Please note: With current travel restrictions, we cannot consider international applicants, and can only consider those in NZ with the right to work in NZ.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.