Website Environment Southland
Are you keen on using data to help protect and sustain Southland’s natural environment?
- Great team environment
- Attractive salary package
- On-going training and development
Environment Southland is proud to be nurturing and protecting the region’s natural and physical resources. Always looking for ways to improve and develop the region, our data collection is fundamental in ensuring we are achieving our goal.
As an Environmental Scientist, focusing on groundwater and hydrogeology, you will play your part in environmental monitoring, managing data and the information collected.
As part of our Science, Strategy & Investigations team, you will need to be technically savvy with an interest in data management, and subsequent reporting.
- A post-graduate qualification in a relevant science discipline (e.g. hydrogeology, water resource management and/or geological engineering).
- A minimum of 10 years relevant professional experience.
- A thorough understanding of surface water and groundwater resource assessment methodologies.
- Project management experience and experience in meeting project deadlines.
- Knowledge of the key environmental issues of the Southland region relating to groundwater science.
Environment Southland is a great place to work, offering a dynamic and diverse environment. We provide a range of opportunities and the chance to make a real difference to Southland’s natural environment.
Affordable house prices, short commutes and a wonderful way of life make Southland a great place to live and work. Beaches, ski fields, some of New Zealand’s Great Walks, national parks, lakes and fiords are all a short journey from Invercargill.
An initial offer of remuneration will be made within the range $89,250-$99,750 pa.
To apply for this job please visit environmentsouthland.recruitmenthub.co.nz.