Website The Plant People
The Plant People is a well-established landscape company, based in Otahuhu, Auckland with projects over the greater Auckland area.
Our dedicated team are looking for more team members who want to work outdoors.
Join The Plant People for a fun and rewarding career in Landscaping.
- Maintain ecological areas and other one-off projects
- Organise the staff, materials, tools, vehicles, PPE per team
- Create a positive work environment, with a focus on task completion
- Work under all contract conditions and policies
- Demonstrate a commitment to health & safety through participation in meetings and site observations
- Carry out daily prestart maintenance checks and servicing tasks.
- Work unsupervised at times.
- Ensure necessary product/equipment resource is delivered in advance
- Passion for horticulture / Ecological Restoration
- Able to understand and read plans / management report
- Able to plan, follow instructions and to use initiative
- Able to organise and implement day to day tasks
- Current Site Safe, Growsafe, Trade certificate in horticulture or similar would be advantageous
- A clean full NZ drivers’ licence & 4WD experience would be advantageous
- Good command of the English language in order to liaise with customers, team members and sub-contractors.
- Plant and Herbicide understanding and knowledge
- Good judgement and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to change
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic
- Trade certificate in Horticulture or similar would be advantageous
- Aptitude and experience with respect to hard and soft landscaping works.
- Experience in this industry is advantageous but not essential.
- Eligible to work in NZ
- Can pass a pre-employment medical assessment & drug test
- Is motivated with a can-do attitude
- Is physically fit
- Willing to learn and grow with the Company
- Has the ability to work well in a team as well as with minimal supervision
- Experience in pricing of work is preferable.
Flexible hours up to maximum of 55hrs/ week within a fun team environment where we value our staff by providing full uniforms, fruit, full training and advancement within the organisation.
All PPE gear & tools will be supplied as well as ongoing training relevant to our industry.
We are committed to providing a safe and enjoyable working environment. The opportunity exists to develop / advance your skills and your career.
Your opportunity to join a great team starts here – please email your CV and cover letter for ‘Attention Ricky’
If you have a passion for the outdoors and you are not afraid to get your hands dirty then send your Cover Letter and CV to Deidre@theplantpeople.co.nz ‘Attention Ricky‘
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to Deidre@theplantpeople.co.nz.