Website Rotoroa Island Trust
Island Hospitality Summer 2020/21 Positions Available!
A chance to live and work on Rotoroa Island, a sanctuary where people can experience New Zealand wildlife.
About the Roles
The Rotoroa Island Trust is seeking reliable and friendly temporary staff to work on Rotoroa island in the southern Hauraki Gulf. Two 5-month fixed-term contract roles are available – for either 2 individuals or a couple. You must be in good health and physically fit, adaptable, organised and prepared to do anything. You must also be realistic about working on an island where sometimes getting off for breaks may not be possible for an extended period due to weather. Please note these are live in jobs. It is not possible to commute daily to the job.
Primary role: Holiday home servicing/Hospitality
House-keeping, cleaning and working with visitors. It is physically demanding work.
- Servicing of holiday houses: cleaning, bedmaking, exterior cleaning, restocking and grounds maintenance
- Guest transfers between wharf and accommodation
- Laundry duties
- Ferry arrival and departure duties:
- Wharf safety
- Assisting with bio-security checks
- Delivery of arrival brief.
- Other general tasks as needed
Secondary role: Versatile
This work will be undertaken only once the daily requirements of the primary role have been met and may include but not be limited to:
- Cleaning of public facilities including remote toilets and barbeques
- Beach Checks- this involves walking beaches and liaison with the boating community in support of biosecurity/pest free programme
- Assist with corporate, public day events and volunteer day groups
- General grounds maintenance around staff housing and facility buildings.
- Leading guided nature walks as required
- Vegetation clearance from walking tracks and roads
- Weed pest checks over entire island.
You will need
- Proven work experience in similar roles working indoors and outdoors
- Professional, friendly, flexible, can do and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to take instructions, work independently and to a high standard
- Current 1st Aid certificate and full NZ driver’s licence
- Fluency in English – reading and spoken.
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Fully furnished shared accommodation
- Ferry tickets on and off the Island for agreed rostered days off
- Uniform and PPE Gear Provided
- Competitive hourly rates.
Applicants for this position need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ Work Visa. Police/MOJ checks are mandatory for shortlisted applicants. You must also be able to start work in December 2020. The jobs will finish in April 2021.
To apply please send a short summary letter and CV to email@example.com
Applications close: Saturday, 31st October 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.