Website Scrub Growers Ltd
Field Crew wanted for ecological restoration and revegetation
Scrub Growers Ltd provide a specialist combination of services in the field of environmental restoration and land management. We are based near Silverdale, north of Auckland, and operate throughout the Rodney district and wider Auckland region.
In addition to our native revegetation nursery, we provide expert planning and advice, and are able to deliver all operational aspects of ecological restoration projects. This includes the eco-sourcing of seed, plant propagation, weed and animal pest control, and planting implementation, maintenance and monitoring.
We are currently looking to fill a range of full-time field crew roles as our business grows, working on projects from the restoration of remnant bush areas to invasive weed control in regional parks. We welcome applications from those with or without experience, however you must have a positive attitude to learn the ways of ecological restoration, demonstrate a cool head and common sense at all times, and be punctual, reliable and honest.
Our teams work hard in physically challenging outdoor environments and are focused on safely delivering high quality jobs. The work is tough but rewarding by contributing to the enhancement of our natural environment.
Key responsibilities of the roles include:
- Pest plant control
- Grid searching large areas of bush
- Herbicide application for the maintenance of large-scale revegetation plantings
- Revegetation planting.
Applicants must have:
- High level of fitness
- NZ class 1 driving licence, and be confident driving manual vehicles
- NZ Citizen, NZ Permanent Resident or hold a valid NZ work permit
- A passion for the natural environment and its enhancement
- Ability to work away from home during the working week.
Ideally applicants will have:
- Previous pest plant control, planting or rural experience
- Knowledge of pest plants in the Auckland region
- Knowledge of native bush, riparian and wetland plants
- 4WD/off-road driving experience
- Growsafe or other agrichemical application certification
- First aid skills
- Field use of GPS units and other data recording
- Other skills or qualifications in the field of ecological restoration, such as chainsaw use
Please apply by email to Gabriel Daniels (firstname.lastname@example.org), with your CV and a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for this role.
Applications close when suitable candidates are found.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.