- Are you experienced in the Great Outdoors?
- Multiple roles available
Based in Taupō, Epro is an industry leading, privately owned, high-performing business that delivers a range of predator control services to private and public sector clients. For more than 20 years we’ve been committed to delivering specialised services to clients and achieving quality results. As such there are exciting opportunities in the industry and we continue to expand our operations.
We’re looking for people that want a rewarding career helping protect New Zealand’s biodiversity. You’ll be joining a team that’s helping rid New Zealand of its most damaging introduced predators and protect our farming community by eradicating TB. We have multiple roles available that involve controlling predators in some of our country’s most important and scenic locations.
Due to the nature of the positions, you must be physically fit and have proven outdoor experience. You may have gained your experience on farms, in forestry or hunting. You might enjoy physically active outdoor sports such as tramping, climbing or have had other outdoor roles working or navigating in challenging New Zealand bush environments.
Among other duties you will be riding motorbikes, 4WD or walking to complete trapping, baiting, surveying and monitoring of pest animals, including possums, rats, stoats and ferrets. Some travelling or camping away from our home base in Taupo for short periods may be required.
The position is full-time, based in Taupō. The normal hours of work are 7:30am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday with some weekend work as required. We offer competitive remuneration, staff benefits and career development opportunities.
- Physically fit.
- Proven competence working in the outdoors in all conditions.
- Able to work unsupervised or in small teams.
- Passionate about improving our natural environment.
- A team player.
- Able to use a GPS, or able to learn.
- Able to work away from home when required.
- A clean driver license; minimum class of Restricted Car license and ability to gain full license.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Previous pest control experience (possums).
- A focus on safety and risk management.
- Relevant study or qualification in a pest control, animal management, environment or conservation field.
Attributes that would be an advantage (but are not preclusive as full training will be given to successful applicants) are:
- NZQA Unit Standards in Motorcycle, LUV or 4WD use.
- Certified Handlers or Controlled Substances License.
- Comprehensive First Aid Certificate.
- Ability to use electronic devices such as GPS and Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) units, or the ability to develop competency.
Applicants must be honest and reliable, presentable and professional and be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
All applications should include a bespoke cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the role and accompanying CV.
You must have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa and be available for an in-person interview in Taupō.
If you are an experienced predator field operator or contractor and are looking for a change, or you’re keen to test your bush craft skills and develop you career with one of the industry’s leading companies – we want to hear from you.
Apply through Seek https://www.seek.co.nz/job/51908718
Applications close when suitable candidates are found.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.co.nz.