Website Styx Living Laboratory Trust
Salary: NZ$30,000 – $34,000 pa.
The Styx Living Laboratory Trust is a local river care group that’s passionate about creating a Living Laboratory in the Pūharakekenui/Styx. We were established in 2000 to achieve Vision 3 (Develop a “living laboratory” that focuses on both learning and research) of the Christchurch City Council`s `Styx Vision 2000 – 2040.’ Since then we have been guardians and advocates for the awa and the Pūharakekenui/Styx catchment.
Our trustees and volunteers are advocates for maintaining water quality and other values (including drainage, ecology, landscape, culture, recreation, and heritage values) in the awa. We care deeply about our water and want it to remain clean, healthy, biodiverse and available for future generations to use and enjoy.
There is now the opportunity to join us and work for the Styx Living Laboratory Trust as a Field Staff Junior which will help us deliver our new Freshwater Improvement Fund work plan. This role is to support the Field Staff Lead and Programme Manager to develop and maintain agreed areas of the Pūharakekenui/Styx Catchment, protect natural areas, and enhance user enjoyment through provision of environmental education and community participation.
- Effectively and efficiently undertaking work plan activities with an emphasis on excellence and proactive maintenance activities, including pest control, pest plant removal and planting
- Provide excellent customer service whilst dealing directly with Catchment users
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following:
- Formal qualifications and training: NCEA Level 2 or equivalent
- Growsafe, chainsaw use, Class 2 licence, firearms licence
- Full driver’s licence
- Minimum 6 months experience in gardening, landscaping, farming, parks or volunteer work in one of these environments
- Be competent at keeping self and others safe while working outdoors.
- Be fit and healthy for outdoor work.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for copy of the position description.
Please apply with a CV & Cover Letter.
Applicants must be NZ residents or have valid work visas.
Applications close: 5pm Friday, 24th September 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.