Website Styx Living Laboratory Trust
Salary: NZ$52,000 – $62,000 pa.
The Styx Living Laboratory Trust is a local river care group that’s passionate about creating a Living Laboratory in the Pūharakekenui/Styx. We were established in 2000 to achieve Vision 3 (Develop a “living laboratory” that focuses on both learning and research) of the Christchurch City Council`s `Styx Vision 2000 – 2040.’ Since then we have been guardians and advocates for the awa and the Pūharakekenui/Styx catchment.
Our trustees and volunteers are advocates for maintaining water quality and other values (including drainage, ecology, landscape, culture, recreation, and heritage values) in the awa. We care deeply about our water and want it to remain clean, healthy, biodiverse and available for future generations to use and enjoy.
There is now the opportunity to join us and work for the Styx Living Laboratory Trust as the Field Staff Lead. This role is to provide leadership and day-to-day support for the operational delivery of the Freshwater Improvement Fund work plan.
The Field Staff Lead will be responsible for coordinating their team’s daily activities to ensure a high standard of service is provided for the citizens and visitors to the Pūharakekenui/Styx Catchment by:
- Building and maintaining professional and respectful working relationships with stakeholders, elected members, sporting groups, user-groups, interest groups, volunteers, park users and visitors.
- Effectively and efficiently programming work plan activities with an emphasis on excellence and proactive maintenance activities.
- Undertaking fieldwork including pest control, pest plant removal and planting to a high standard
- Make independent decisions in line with SLLT policy and procedure to provide excellent customer service whilst dealing directly with park users.
- Achieving and monitoring the team’s performance against specified quality standards.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have the following:
- Relevant Trade qualification Level 4 e.g. Landscape Construction or practical experience equivalent in similar role
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar environment in parks maintenance or landscaping with at least 2 years experience in a leadership role
- Grow Safe qualified
- Current First Aid Certificate & Full driver’s licence
- Will be physically fit for outdoor work
- Competent with keeping self and others safe while working in the outdoors.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for copy of the position description.
Please apply with a CV & Cover Letter.
Applicants must be NZ residents or have valid work visas.
Applications close: 5pm Friday, 24th September 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.