Website Te Ngahere
Do you enjoy being out and about in the field and making a difference in the environment? Te Ngahere is a passionate company that is focused on restoring and protecting New Zealand’s unique biodiversity and native habitats. Our staff all share the same goal of wanting to see a positive change in our environment.
We are currently looking for passionate people to join our field staff, with different roles available for suitable candidates.
Position 1 – Field Team Member
Fixed-term position to 30th June 2022
We have positions available for people with experience in native and pest plant ID, and proven field skills; or looking to gain experience in this area and have a strong work ethic. We are also interested in hearing from people with more experience – leadership skills, strong communication, and previous experience with restoration work to help drive community-based projects.
Key responsibilities within the field team roles include:
- Pest plant identification and control
- Herbicide application for the control of weed species
- Native restoration planting
- Animal pest control.
Although experience is preferred we will look at training up the right candidates with a passion and the right work ethic.
Position 2 – Predator Free Apprentice
We have one position available as part of the Predator Free Apprentice Programme. The purpose of the Programme is to grow the number of experienced animal pest control specialists in New Zealand. It is a two year ‘walk alongside’ programme during which the apprentice will complete related courses and training. The Predator Free NZ vision requires skilled practitioners to help projects achieve their goals of predator control and eventually eradication.
While your primary focus will be gaining valuable experience within the animal predator control sector and working towards completion of the course content, you will also be working as a member of our field teams, undertaking a range of vegetation control and restoration work across a wide range of locations.
All roles contribute to protecting and restoring some of Auckland and NZ’s most beautiful natural environments.
Applicants for all roles advertised must have:
- A passion for the natural environment and its protection
- Good level of fitness, ability to work in challenging and remote areas
- Positive can-do attitude, strong work ethic, drug free and the ability to work well in a team
- The ability to work away from home from time to time
- Full driving license (NZ class 1). Manual vehicle use an advantage
- NZ Citizen or NZ Permanent Resident status or valid NZ work permit.
In return we can offer the successful candidate:
- A team environment where everyone is striving for the same goal
- A professional and supportive work environment
- Practical training courses to develop your skills
- Career development opportunities
- Being part of a growing company where your opinion and contribution is valued.
Please apply with a full CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience to email@example.com.
Applicants for all positions should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close when suitable candidates are appointed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.