Website Wildland Consultants Ltd
- Field Team Leader role.
- Experienced in the field of ecological restoration.
- Weed control experience and good plant identification skills
- Physically fit and enjoy working in our natural environment.
Wildland Consultants is a progressive consultancy specialising in ecology, biodiversity and restoration planning and implementation, and committed to the care and enhancement of our natural environment.
We are looking for two experienced Team Leaders to join our ecological restoration field team, based in Rotorua.
It is essential that you have a willingness to contribute and work as a team, are physically fit (the jobs are physically demanding), and have a passion for working outdoors, in all sorts of weather. The work will also require staff to use agrichemicals (herbicides), animal toxins (poisons), and traps on a regular basis. This role requires technical, hands on skills and experience in vegetation and/or animal control/monitoring and indigenous planting. Applicants need to be able to travel away from home for a week at a time on occasions.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A genuine interest in working in the outdoors and achieving restoration goals.
- Native and pest plant identification skills.
- Pest plant control.
- Pest animal control.
- Lead other staff by example in the field.
- Mentoring and training other staff.
- Good communication skills.
- Decision making.
- A team player and have the ability to work independently.
- Have a good level of fitness as this is a physically demanding role.
- A good work ethic and H&S conscious.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel).
Preferred applicants will hold CURRENT relevant qualifications and experience. These include Growsafe, First Aid, SiteSafe, Chainsaw, 4WD, Controlled Substance Licence (CSL) and ATV. A clean full driver’s license for manual vehicles is essential.
Please apply with your CV with a detailed summary of your experience in revegetation planting and pest plant control, and any relevant training, and qualifications, including verified copies of current certificates.
See our website www.wildlands.co.nz for further information on Wildland Consultants Ltd. We provide outstanding ecological services to sustain and improve our environments.
Please apply in writing with your CV to:
Wildland Consultants Ltd
P.O. Box 7137
Te Ngae, ROTORUA, 3042
Applications close: Sunday, 30 September 2018. An immediate start is preferable.
To apply for this job email your details to Lesley.Fitton@wildlands.co.nz.