Website New Zealand Biosecurity Services Limited
Permanent, Full-time position
- Be a part of protecting NZ’s unique biodiversity and environment for future generations.
- This is an opportunity to bring your technical and leadership skills to make your mark on the industry.
New Zealand Biosecurity Services Limited (NZBSL) is a privately-owned company that provides professional biosecurity services to council, government, and private clients. Our focus is to protect our primary industries and enhance our native biodiversity. A large proportion of our work comprises the implementation of pest plant management, pest animal management and revegetation programmes. We also undertake biosecurity surveillance programmes and develop integrated management plans.
Go to www.biosecurity.net.nz to check out more about NZBSL.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Field Team Leader for assignments based out of our Albany and Manukau depots. You will join us in our biosecurity programmes, working in parks, reserves and private properties, implementing pest plant, pest animal and surveillance programmes. You will be responsible for your projects and ensure they are completed in an effective and timely manner. You will lead by example, support and coach up to 5 Field Operators in the course of their duties whilst working alongside them. You will assist the Team Leader with the organisation and coordination for field teams and provide the team with a clear sense of direction. Your daily work locations will be predominantly based in Auckland with some projects based on islands within the beautiful Hauraki Gulf. There is also opportunity from time to time to work across the wider north and south islands.
- Effective leadership of your field team
- Completion of biosecurity projects in a timely manner and to a high standard.
What you will bring:
- Practical experience of 3+ years in a similar role
- Proven leadership skills
- Sound knowledge of pest plants and best practice control methods
- Sound knowledge of agrichemical application (herbicide)
- Pest animal control knowledge
- Restoration planting knowledge
- National Certificate in Agrichemical Application advantageous
- Registered Chemical Applicator advantageous
- Chainsaw, LUV certificates advantageous
- Minimum full NZ Driver License with ability to drive a manual vehicle.
If you want to be part of our team and are willing to bring your down to earth personality, we will provide a safe working environment, full uniform including PPE and a culture that encourages development through training and teamwork. If you feel that this role fits your experience and personality, please apply now.
To apply please send your current CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or citizenship. You will also be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test plus a background check.
Applications close: Friday, 19 February 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.