Website New Zealand Biosecurity Services Limited
- Unique opportunity to bring biodiversity, vegetation management and roading experience to one role.
- This is an opportunity to bring your technical and leadership skills to make your mark in the industry.
- This position is available for an immediate start in a permanent full-time capacity.
New Zealand Biosecurity Services Limited (NZBSL) is a privately-owned company that provides professional biosecurity services to council, government, and private clients. Our focus is to protect our primary industries and enhance our native biodiversity. A large proportion of our work comprises the implementation of pest plant management, pest animal management and revegetation programmes. We also undertake biosecurity surveillance programmes and develop integrated management plans.
Go to www.biosecurity.net.nz to check out more about NZBSL.
About the role
Believe it or not, Auckland’s roading corridors can play a significant role in providing habitat, buffers, and linkages for many of our native plants and animals. In partnership with Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, NZBSL undertake several workstreams to protect these beneficial features across Auckland’s motorway network. Including Stormwater Ponds and Landscape Corridors, NZBSL undertake inspections and surveys, write planting and maintenance plans, and then implement them to completion, including ongoing maintenance. This includes some structural type inspections of stormwater assets as well as vegetation and biodiversity surveys. We are seeking a person to take the lead on this project, to coordinate and to undertake the works, with the support of field team members as required.
This is a unique role combining the skills of a candidate with pest plant knowledge, restoration planting knowledge and roading knowledge. Though roading experience is an advantage, this can be trained on the job should the right candidate apply. You will also be involved in completing other biosecurity projects while we expand this fast growing component of NZBSL’s work.
We are seeking a Field Team Leader who has a great attitude toward work and working as a team, takes responsibility and searches for solutions before problems arise.
- Client liaison and development of programmes
- Completion of inspections and surveys
- Writing of work plans
- Development and ownership of work programmes to complete works
- Completion of works and submission of reports in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Leadership of small teams (up to 5) as required.
What you will bring:
- Practical experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of pest plants and best practice control methods
- Sound knowledge of agrichemical application (herbicide)
- Restoration planting knowledge
- National Certificate in Agrichemical Application advantageous
- Registered Chemical Applicator advantageous
- STMS 1 or 2/3 non-practicing advantageous
- Chainsaw advantageous
- Minimum full NZ Driver License with ability to drive a manual vehicle essential
If you want to be part of our team and are willing to bring your down to earth personality, we will provide a safe working environment, full uniform including PPE and a culture that encourages development through training and teamwork. If you feel that this role fits your experience and personality, please apply now.
Please apply by sending your current CV and cover letter to Lucy Hilling at email@example.com
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or citizenship. You will also be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test plus a background check.
Applications close: 5pm Friday, 12 February 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.