Website Taranaki Fish & Game Council
2-Year Fixed-term Contract
Taranaki Fish & Game Council is a not-for-profit agency responsible for the management of sports fish (trout & salmon) and gamebirds (primarily waterfowl) and their habitats, in the recreational interests of anglers and hunters.
Taranaki Fish and Game Council is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and skilled Fish & Game Officer to join our small New Plymouth based team.
Do you have an interest in research and monitoring of sportsfish and gamebirds and their utilisation, along with advocating for habitat and working collaboratively to achieve the best for the environment? If so, we would like to hear from you, especially if you have the following attributes:
- A passion for outdoor recreation, wildlife and the environment.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with species monitoring, research and management.
- A reasonable working knowledge of fish and gamebird management principles.
- A proven ability to work effectively with iwi and others
- Value working in and contributing to a team
- A tertiary qualification in one of the biological sciences, preferably ecology or zoology, or relevant work experience.
One of the successful applicant’s key roles will be to undertake the Council’s research and monitoring programmes for sports fish and gamebirds, and to facilitate their utilisation by anglers and hunters. You should expect to be involved in that from field work through to reporting.
A necessary component of the role will be assisting landowners develop habitat, advocating for sports fish and gamebird habitat through various policy and consenting matters and working with iwi and community groups to achieve collective aims.
The role has an enviable balance of field and office-based work and will also involve other Fish & Game related activities such as compliance. No two days will be alike.
Ideally, you will be an enthusiastic angler and/or gamebird hunter or willing to develop your involvement in these pursuits.
For a job description, or further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Send CV and cover letter to the above address by 4pm Wednesday, 11th August 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.