Website Auckland Council
- Permanent Position
- Continuous Career Development
- An attractive pay scale
Do you want to work on moving up through your career but don’t get the opportunity to better your skills and experience? We have what you need to take your Arboriculture career to the next level!
AIM Services staff are proud to care for our local parks, community facilities and infrastructure in Auckland for the enjoyment of everyone in our region. A leading provider in open space and full facility maintenance services, AIM Services provides innovative open space management solutions for our communities across the Auckland region. As Auckland continues to grow, so does our organisation. As such we are looking for Foreman to join our Arboriculture team!
This hands-on operational position involves supervising, planning and overseeing the arborist team ensuring the effective day-to-day delivery of safe and well-planned tree work within the Auckland region. AIM Services undertake all aspects of modern arboriculture. As such you will be involved in caring and maintaining trees within Auckland central as well as a very interesting and diverse variety of commercial/private work for our key customers as required throughout the wider region.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ proven experience as an arboriculture team leader/foreman
- National Certificate in Arboriculture Level 4 or equivalent experience/qualifications
- Strong focus on HSE, and integrate them into your daily duties
- Experience in the use of modern arboriculture equipment and techniques
- The ability to direct, motivate and manage a team within a hands-on supervisory role, as well as provide training as required
- A strong customer focus & sound written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using electronic devices, the MS Office suite, databases, and management systems
- A full and clean NZ driver’s licence (manual) is essential whilst an HT licence (Class 2) is preferred
- Project/staff management experience
What we offer
An amazing team environment. At AIM Services we value team participation and are proud to be contributing to Auckland Council’s vision of creating a world class city. You will be given an attractive pay scale, as well as continuous ongoing growth and development. Brand new climbing equipment specific to your needs and the modern industry. Excellent job security with long-term contracts in place. Relocation costs from overseas, or within NZ, will happily be negotiated. This is a permanent full-time position, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with rostered weekend duties and overtime, as required. This is a chance for you to become a part of our working family and help provide out-standing service to Aucklanders’.
Our friendly and collaborative team are committed to making a positive contribution to Auckland’s community, and we’d love for you to come join us! Please contact Marshal Nazareth- Talent Acquisition Consultant on 021 1945160 or Marshal.Nazareth@aucklandcouncil.govt.nz with any questions.
Please note this position is deemed as safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment drug testing.
Please apply online through our career site here
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.
Auckland Council is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit careers.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz.