Website Auckland Council
- Permanent, full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Passionate to make a difference
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
AIM Services are proud to care for our local parks, community facilities and infrastructure in Auckland, for the enjoyment of everyone who lives or visits our region. We are a dynamic team who deliver innovative facility management solutions through the quality and experience of our staff.
Our Streetscapes team is currently looking for an experienced, skilled and motivated leader – Foreman Streetscape Turf. You will be overlooking the day-to-day operations of your team and support the experienced crew to achieve our contract outcomes. However, to be successful in this role, you should have keen interest in turf maintenance and traffic management. A good geographical knowledge of our city, particularly our contracted local board areas including Albert Eden, Puketapapa and Whau, would be advantageous.
He kōrero mōu: About you
- Self-starter, motivated to make a difference and lead by example
- Proven leadership experience within an operational business
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing first approach and demonstrate by doing
- Understanding of and traffic management experience, with qualification (desired)
- Planning and prioritising workload and schedules, juggling reactive and programmed work.
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships with key internal and external stake holders
- Fleet Management experience, keeping the team rolling
- Have a strong customer focus & sound written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with job management systems, scheduling and computer skills
- Recruitment and team management experience, coaching and engaging team to high performance.
Due to the nature of the role, it is a requirement that the incumbent holds a valid and relevant New Zealand full driver’s license.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
At AIM Services we value team participation and are proud to be contributing to Auckland Council’s vision of creating a world class city. You will be given an attractive pay, as well as continuous ongoing growth and development. You’ll be leading a small team helping to build an excellent workplace culture.
This position works 40 hours per week, between the hours 7am – 4pm (Monday to Friday) with weekend and after hours as required. Understanding your team movements and being available should they be working outside of hours.
If you understand passive turf, are physically fit and are passionate about the outdoors, then we would love for you to come join us! Please call Marshal Nazareth – Talent Acquisition Consultant on 0211 945 160 or email Marshal.Nazareth@aucklandcouncil.govt.nz with any questions.
Please apply online through our career site here
Please note that we will review applications as they are received – so apply now to avoid disappointment.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.
Please note: This position is deemed as safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment drug testing.
Auckland Council is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit careers.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz.