Website Auckland Council
- Assistant – Garden Maintenance and Groundsperson
- Experienced Gardener and Groundsperson
- Team Leader Grounds Maintenance
AIM Services (AIM) is a leading provider of full facility maintenance services. AIM looks after Auckland’s parks, sports fields, street, community buildings, Auckland’s cemeteries, stormwater and the airport
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
- Full-time positions available
- Work to help improve and maintain public spaces for the community (e.g. parks and cemeteries)
- Perform several tasks including general gardening and park furniture maintenance, weed eating, annual bedding, mowing, edging, litter control and spraying
- Opportunity to grow your skill set and advance your career in Horticulture into management roles
He kōrero mōu: About you
- Assistant roles – Desire to get into horticulture & passion to learn
- Experienced & Team Lead roles – Proven experience in horticulture, landscaping, or a similar background
- Essential to have good communication skills
- Positive attitude and able to work in a team or on your own
- Ability to be flexible without getting stressed – will be an advantage as there are always changes to schedules
- Must enjoy working outdoors in all types of weather
- Stamina with a good level of fitness and agility
- Clean full NZ drivers’ licence with manual driving skills
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
You will be joining a community minded staff with a great team spirit. You will be given the opportunity to grow and improve your skill set. Be a part of a team that deal with a variety of social situations that occur in our park areas. A competitive wage is on offer and hours of work are 40 hours per week.
Come join us! Please call or text 0211971756 with any questions or apply directly at https://careers.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/go/Operations-and-trades-jobs/2924201/
Please note that we will review applications as they are received – so apply now to avoid disappointment.
Applications close when suitable candidates are found.
The official job titles are Assistant, Qualified and Team Lead
This role is deemed safety sensitive and in line with Auckland Council policy, you will be required to complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Auckland Council is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process
To apply for this job please visit careers.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz.