Website The Plant People
Our Auckland Airport team is looking a team member who want to work outdoors.
The Plant People is a well-established landscape company, based in Otahuhu, Auckland with projects over the greater Auckland area.
Join The Plant People for a fun and rewarding career in Landscaping industry.
- Execute ongoing maintenance of the gardens and landscapes.
- Ensure that plants and gardens are being fertilized, sprayed, watered, trimmed, and weeded and mowed, as required.
- Spraying and dusting plants and trees to control insects and disease, and felling diseased trees weeds control (weedspray and handweeding).
- Using and maintaining gardening machinery and equipment.
- Work under all contract conditions and policies.
- Demonstrate a commitment to health & safety through participation in meetings and site observations
- Work unsupervised at times.
Requirements / Experience / Skills Required
- Passion for horticulture, able to plan, follow instructions and to use initiative
- Able to organise and implement day-to-day tasks
- Current Site Safe, Growsafe, Trade certificate in horticulture or similar would be advantageous but not essential
- Have a valid Class 2 License would be advantageous but not essential
- Good command of the English language in order to liaise with customers, team members and sub-contractors
- Plant and Herbicide understanding and knowledge
- Good judgement and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to change
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic
- Passion for garden maintenance with a focus on quality and customer service.
- Experience in this industry is advantageous but not essential
- Eligible to work in NZ
- Can pass a pre-employment medical assessment & drug test
- Is motivated with a can-do attitude
- Is physically fit
- Willing to learn and grow with the Company
- Has the ability to work well in a team as well as with minimal supervision.
Applicants will also need to demonstrate:
- willingness to undergo a pre-employment medical check
- the right to work in New Zealand
- possession of a current New Zealand driver’s licence.
Flexible hours up to 55hrs/ week within a fun team environment where we value our staff by providing full uniforms, fruit, full training and advancement within the organisation.
All PPE gear & tools will be supplied as well as ongoing training relevant to our industry.
We are committed to providing a safe and enjoyable working environment. The opportunity exists to develop / advance your skills and your career.
To see The Plant People’s amazing projects and team please visit our Website (www.theplantpeople.co.nz) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/ThePlantPeopleNZ/) pages.
If you have a passion for the outdoors and you are not afraid to get your hands dirty then send your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com
Applicants close when a suitable candidate is selected.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.