Website Wildland Consultants Ltd
- Qualified and enthusiastic ecologist
- Competent writing skills
- Interested in ecological issues and committed to providing high-quality ecological advice
- Join the awesome ecologist team at Wildlands Auckland office
- Applicants should show a strong interest (passion) and knowledge of NZ ecology, preferably with specialist knowledge in North Island field botany and/or ecology.
We are looking for an Graduate or Intermediate Ecologist to join our expanding, diverse ecological team in our Auckland offices, located in Grey Lynn and Albany. The role involves the application of sound ecological principles to a range of projects, knowledge of New Zealand vegetation, flora, and fauna, and the ability to identify practical solutions to ecological challenges. We offer a rewarding and flexible employment package, together with the opportunity to continue to develop your career in a leading NZ ecological consultancy with a large team of highly skilled ecologists. We are seeking an experienced vegetation ecologist in this role, however experienced ecologists in other fields of expertise will also be considered.
Working from one of our established offices in Auckland, the successful applicant will also work closely with our wider team of ecologists from around NZ. Successful applicants will preferably have a proven track record in high quality field assessments and technical reporting.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A post-graduate degree in ecology.
- Sound field skills covering a range of ecosystems, habitats, and taxa.
- Good knowledge and experience of central North Island forests, wetlands, and sand dunes/New Zealand botany and plant ecology, including wetlands and/or restoration biology and ecological management.
- Skills in ecological restoration would be very useful.
- Health and safety awareness and experience
- Excellent networking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate on appropriate technical and commercial levels to a diverse range of current and potential clients.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Further qualifications and membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Full current New Zealand driving licence.
- 4WD qualification and experience.
- Personal development and commitment to progressing your career as an ecologist.
- Supporting and contributing to our national company objectives.
- Proactively managing the flow of information, correspondence, and queries.
- Proactively interpreting and taking appropriate actions/decisions.
- Operating at a professional level within the ecological sector.
- Ensuring company processes are adhered to, owning problems and identifying solutions.
If you have a genuine passion for botany or ecology, have a strong technical background, and are eager to become a valued member of the Wildlands team, register your interest today.
See our website www.wildlands.co.nz for further information on Wildland Consultants Ltd.
We provide outstanding ecological services to sustain and improve our environments.
Please apply in writing with your CV to:
Wildland Consultants Ltd
P.O. Box 46-299
Herne Bay, AUCKLAND, 1011
Applications close: Monday, 1 April 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs.Auckland@Wildlands.co.nz.