Website 4Trades Apprenticeships
4Trades Apprenticeships, in partnership with the Dunedin Botanic Garden, is seeking diligent and organised people who are genuinely passionate about plants to join their growing team. This exciting opportunity is a full-time, paid position working in a 6 Star Garden that is home to over 6,800 plant species.
In addition to on-job training, this apprenticeship position will require study and tutorials outside of working hours. The ability to work methodically, show a strong work ethic, a commitment to learning and completing the three-year apprenticeship, is a prerequisite.
To begin a horticultural apprenticeship the successful applicant will be expected to have a ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to demonstrate the following skills to an intermediate level:
- Literacy and numeracy
- Written and spoken communication
- Physical fitness
Applicants must possess:
- A full driver’s license
- Preferably NCEA Level 2, or NCEA Level 1 with proven experience in horticulture
In return, you will:
- Work with and learn from a hard-working and experienced team of horticulturists
- Be given support and encouragement to complete your NZ Certificate in Horticulture Services – Amenity (Level 3 & 4)
- Graduate with the skills, experience and qualifications to build a career in horticulture
If you possess the above-mentioned skills and attributes and are interested in applying for one of these fulfilling positions, please request a full application pack from:
4 Trades Apprenticeships
PO Box 5782, Dunedin
Phone: 03 479 0181
Applications close: 9am Tuesday, 26 March 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to 4Trades@otagochamber.co.nz.