Website High Country Contracting
High Country Contracting is an award-winning Rural Pest Control Company based in Otago and South Canterbury. We specialise in the control and survey of animal and plant pests. Due to expanding opportunities in the industry, we are looking for genuine dog handlers with experience in indication and control of animals over a dog.
We are looking for field staff that have a proven history and passion in working with indicating dogs. You will be part of a specialist team deployed around our regions and work as part of our animal pest control programmes. The work will involve primarily the detection and control of wallabies; however work may also be undertaken on ungulate species at times. Please reach out to us to discuss your current interests and abilities.
This is a physically demanding field-based position that will take you deep into the high country or native bush.
The successful applicant will:
- Be physically fit and capable of carrying loads across steep mountainous terrain
- Possess good communication skills
- Have the flexibility to stay away and work alone for periods of time
- Have the ability to drive off road vehicles
- Have an experienced dog, or the ability to obtain one at short notice
- Have a strong commitment to health and safety
- Take pride in your dogs
- Have proven skill sets in dog handling and training
- Hold a full class 1 Driver’s License
- Hold a current NZ firearms license and have a clean criminal record
- Have the capability to communicate with landowners
- And most importantly, have a positive work attitude and a great work ethic.
The following are desirable but not essential:
- A qualification in pest control
- First Aid certificate
- Qualifications in LUV and 4WD use.
Those successful will have an opportunity to learn new skills and gain NZQA qualifications while working for an industry-leading company. High Country Contracting will provide you with opportunities to progress within your role and help you build a successful career. We not only offer an amazing work environment within great teams, we also dedicate time and energy to ensuring staff can reap financial and personal benefits to compliment your package.
This role is physical, therefore not all applicants will be suitable, the offset of this is the abundance of reward you gain from this role in an amazing environment.
Please check out www.highcountrycontracting.co.nz to see what we get up to day-to-day.
If you are interested in a position with High Country Contracting as a dog handler, please send a CV through to email@example.com and information regarding the type of dog handling you have experience in, your dog handling history and any other information that we may find useful.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is appointed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.