Website Wildland Consultants Ltd
- Enthusiastic plant ecologist or botanist or fauna ecologist with a post-graduate degree (MSc or PhD).
- Good writing skills.
- Committed to providing high-quality ecological advice.
- Join the team at Wildland Consultants based in Hamilton.
- Applicants should show a strong interest (passion) and knowledge of NZ ecology, preferably with specialist knowledge in NZ wetland ecology or plant ecology or fauna.
We are looking for an Intermediate/Senior Ecologist to work in our Hamilton office. The role involves the application of sound ecological principles to a range of projects, in-depth knowledge of New Zealand vegetation or fauna, and the ability to identify practical solutions to ecological challenges. We offer a competitive employment package, together with the opportunity to continue to develop your career in a leading NZ ecological consultancy with a large team of ecologists. We are seeking an experienced vegetation or freshwater ecologist in this role, however experienced ecologists in other fields of expertise will also be considered.
Working from an established office in Hamilton, the successful applicant will also work closely with our wider team of ecologists around NZ. The successful applicant will have a proven track record in high quality field assessment and technical reporting.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- A post-graduate degree in ecology.
- Sound field skills covering a range of ecosystems, habitats, and taxa.
- Good knowledge and experience of New Zealand botany and plant ecology, including wetlands and/or restoration biology and ecological management; or other specialist ecological fields e.g. freshwater ecology or fauna.
- Skills in ecological restoration would be very useful.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate on appropriate technical and commercial levels to a diverse range of current and potential clients.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Further qualifications and membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Full driving licence.
- 4WD experience.
- Personal development and commitment to progressing your career as an ecologist.
- Supporting and contributing to our national company objectives.
- Development of solutions.
- Proactively managing the flow of information, correspondence, and queries.
- Proactively interpreting and taking appropriate actions/decisions.
- Operating at a professional level within the ecological sector.
- Ensuring that company processes are adhered to.
If you have a genuine passion for botany or ecology, a strong technical background, and are eager to become a valued member of the Wildlands team, register your interest today.
See our website www.wildlands.co.nz for further information on Wildland Consultants Ltd. We provide outstanding ecological services to sustain and improve our environments.
Please apply in writing with your CV to:
Wildland Consultants Ltd
P.O. Box 7137
Te Ngae, ROTORUA, 3042
Applications close: Tuesday, 18 December 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to Lesley.Fitton@wildlands.co.nz.