Website Kiwis for Kiwi
Westshore Wildlife Reserve
Fixed-term, 30 hours per week for 10 months from September 2020 (flexible)
Purpose of Position
Kiwis for kiwi are recruiting a highly motivated and committed kiwi keeper to work 30 hours per week at the new crèche facility. The keeper will support the Kiwi Husbandry Manager to deliver kiwi chick husbandry at Westshore Wildlife Reserve in Napier.
Qualifications (or equivalent) and Experience Required
- Knowledge of threatened species issues and conservation
- Demonstrated kiwi and/or other native wildlife captive husbandry experience
- Excellent people & relationship skills, including excellent communication skills, and teamwork skills
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to manage workloads
- Current New Zealand work permit or, New Zealand resident, or New Zealand citizen
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent work experience
- Current drivers’ licence
- Good computer literacy, data management, and record-keeping skills
- Good knowledge of kiwi, including their handling and husbandry
- Be an accredited kiwi handler/trainer including the ability to candle kiwi eggs, insert transponders, medicate and hand-feed birds
- Familiarity with ZIMS or other similar wildlife data management systems.
- Knowledge of Māori protocols and systems with a willingness to learn te reo Māori
- Good understanding of effective pest and predator management systems
For further information and to obtain a copy of the position description, please contact Tamsin Ward Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role please send full CV, references and covering letter to email@example.com with subject heading ‘’Westshore Kiwi Creche’’.
Applications close: Friday, 7th August 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.