Website Bay of Plenty Regional Council
Engage with local communities as you help drive improvements in water quality in our streams and lakes.
We’re looking for a keen individual to work on improving water quality in the Rotorua Lakes catchments. This is a fixed-term role for three years.
Based in Rotorua and reporting to the Land Management Team Leader, you’ll join a dedicated and hardworking team to:
- Work with the community, landowners and Iwi on projects that support sustainable land management and land use change
- Promote strategies that improve water quality, soil conservation and biodiversity
- Manage relationships with landowners/occupiers and tangata whenua
- Provide timely and accurate advice to the community and other stakeholders
The skills and personnel attributes we look for are:
- A relevant tertiary degree in science, agriculture or natural resource management
- Sound knowledge of sustainable land management practices
- Good working knowledge of agricultural systems and nutrient management
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain a good relationship with a range of rural stakeholders
- At least three years’ experience in a relevant field
- Working knowledge of resource management legislation
- Project management skills.
The Bay of Plenty Regional Council is responsible for land, air and water as well as public transport and economic development. A major focus of our work involves looking after the environment. We manage the effects of people’s use of freshwater, land, air and coastal water. However, we also have a broader responsibility with others for the economic, social and cultural well-being of the regional community.
You’ll be joining the Rotorua Catchments team. We work closely with farmers, tangata whenua, consultants and the wider community across all of the Rotorua Lakes catchments to progress a range of challenging but rewarding environmental projects. You can expect to be involved in a diverse range of work.
We’re a values driven organisation who really cares about people. Along with competitive remuneration, we offer plenty of opportunities for growth, learning and development. Some additional benefits we offer include:
- Competitive remuneration
- Extra paid leave over Christmas/New Year
- Friendly work environment
- A commitment to a ‘spirit of service’
- Training and development
The salary for the role ranges from $62,078 to $73,034 per annum. There are excellent prospects to develop and progress your career in Land Management.
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW or contact Rosemary Cross, Land Management Team Leader on 0800 884 881 x7474 for a confidential discussion. You can also check out our careers website at https://www.boprc.govt.nz/your-council/contact-us/careers-with-us
Applications close 5pm, Friday 29 March 2019 and will only be accepted online.
NB To apply for this job, you must have the legal right to be able to work in New Zealand and also a current, valid driver’s licence. As this position is designated as being “safety sensitive”, the successful candidate will be asked to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol check as part of the recruitment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bfound.net.