Website The Forest Bridge Trust
Working from your home base within the Northern Rodney Area.
Salary: $55,000 – $65,000 pa.
Full-time, 32-40 hours per week, position
At The Forest Bridge Trust (TFBT) our vision is to create a connected landscape with healthy forest and flourishing indigenous wildlife from the Kaipara Harbour to the Pacific Coast. A core activity of TFBT is to engage and support community groups and rural landowners in predator control in the North Rodney region. Our focus for the near future includes increasing community and landowner participation and building safe buffer zones for existing and imminent kiwi populations. Our work is rapidly expanding, and we are now looking for additional support for our Predator Control team. We are seeking someone who shares our values, has a passion for the environment and conservation, knows how to work safely in the outdoors, and has 2 to 5 years’ experience in predator control.
- Place and check traps and other predator control tools.
- Collecting and reporting catch and surveillance data.
- Maintenance /replacement of traps and other predator control tools.
- Maintaining respectful relationships with landowners in work area.
- Predator control support for landowners and community groups.
- Impeccably Implement and maintain H&S and animal welfare requirements.
- Support senior staff in planning.
- Develop and deliver specified aspects of predator control programme autonomously.
- High level of physical fitness.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Good communication skills.
- Can-do attitude
- Supporting of our values of Respect, Integrity and Empathy.
Skills and experience:
- At least 2-5 years’ experience with predator control, preferably in a conservation context
- Full driver’s license and some off-road driving competence.
- Understanding of the farming environment.
It would be an advantage to also have:
- Understanding of species behaviour and NZ habitat.
- Trapping/hunting expertise.
- Firearms license – or ability to obtain one.
- CSL or ability to obtain one.
- A 4WD vehicle or Ute.
If this is you, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply by contacting our Administrator, Anne Ginders for an Application Form and providing a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday, 8th October 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.