Website Te Whangai Trust
Te Whangai Trust has won numerous national environmental, social innovation and sustainable business awards
Our nursery team is currently expanding with new sites being established. We are seeking experienced full-time nursery personnel to join our team
- Organise tasks on work site and ensure all resources are available for nursery & service team’s daily requirements.
- Work under propagation managers directive to ensure stock quality and growth rates to meet contracted outcomes
- Maintain required records
- Liaise with environmental services manager for nursery maintenance work
- Lead by example and work ethic
- Refer clients to appropriate customer manager.
As a successful candidate, you will ensure that all records are relevant and up to date. You will be comfortable at relationship building with various stakeholders in order to build capability.
Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will bring the following:
- Experience in growing on of native plants
- A relevant tertiary qualification or experience in working with high volume transactional processing, creating and running queries, scheduling batch jobs and monitoring recording and checking daily production reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of nursery environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Commitment to excellence in service provision, and to promoting, supporting and developing a culture of processes for continuous improvement.
- Experience in solving problems in a team and organisational environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the contract requirements, processes and procedures for plant supply and services
- A good level of fitness
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Full NZ drivers licence (manual)
- Police, drug and general health checks are mandatory.
- Preferred relevant certificates. Growsafe, first aid, site safe, controlled substances.
Te Whangai Trust is a leading edge community driven social impact organisation with 5 hubs throughout North Waikato, South Auckland and Auckland Region. We are committed to environmental and social outcomes.
Ka whakatupu ki te whenua, ka ora ki te iwi Nurture the land and give life to the people.
Through overarching indigenous values we practise the values of whangai. Te whangai is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Growing our people to improve our communities and planet.
If you are passionate about people and community and creating a legacy for the future generations then you need to apply.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted by the closing date of Friday 6th March 2020 to be considered. Please include your cover letter, CV and referees to: Adrienne.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to Adrienne.email@example.com.