Website Wellington City Council
Do you want to be part of a passionate team, who make a difference to Wellington’s parks and open spaces?
We are recruiting for two Park Rangers, one for the Onslow-Western Ward and one for the Northern Ward.
Wellington’s open spaces and natural areas are part of what makes Wellington unique. These are well used and valued by a huge number of Wellingtonians and visitors. This proximity to nature plays a key role in Wellingtonians excellent quality of life and great experiences.
In this role you will support and manage people using, relaxing in and enjoying our open spaces. You will promote awareness and understanding of the environmental and recreational values the City has to offer.
You will engage with the community and encourage partnerships with residents, volunteers and special interest groups. You will support these groups working in our parks and reserves through attending meetings, working bees and providing advice and support.
You will manage our open spaces in accordance with management plans and the Reserves Act and provide advice to other areas of the Council about how and when our spaces are used.
If you have the following attributes we are like to hear from you:
- Ability to influence in a positive way
- Strong knowledge of volunteer and/ or visitor management
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent communication and administration skills
- Current full and unblemished driver’s licence
- A passion for all things outdoors
Ideally, you would also have the following:
- A tertiary qualification in parks and recreation, or relevant work experience in an outdoor environment
- A good general knowledge of Wellington’s parks and open spaces
- Some experience in enforcement
- Some understanding of Wellington’s Reserve Management Plans and Reserves Act
- Experience in conservation, event management, and/ or land management would be an advantage
The hours of work are rostered and include some early starts and late finishes, as well as weekend work.
The attached job description provides further details.
Want to know more?
If you need more information contact Steven Peters, Senior Park Ranger on 021 227 8391 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a chat.
If we’ve just described you, please send us an application (cover letter and CV please) to join our dedicated and enthusiastic team of rangers who work in one of the best environments.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site www.careers.wellington.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 20805CJ.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday, 18 November 2018.
We’re looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do – to make our city an even better place to live and work.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wellington.govt.nz.