Website Waimate District Council
Looking for a leadership role in a busy, vibrant Council team? Ready to step up, manage a team, and contribute to making positive change in your region?
We are looking for a Parks and Reserves Manager who is ready to hit the ground running, take ownership of, and oversee the successful day-to-day operation of all Parks and Reserves activities.
The role is responsible for leading, managing, and providing strategic direction to the Parks and Recreation team. This is achieved through effective management, leadership and planning of Council’s reserves and facilities, and by working in partnership with the community.
This exciting and varied role involves:
- Implementing and maintaining the Capital work forward planning programme
- Project managing both capital and project works including contract management of major projects
- Leading staff in the planning management of assets they are responsible for
- Updating and continuously reviewing the Parks and Reserves Asset management Plan and Reserve Management Plans
- Managing the Parks and Reserves team, including establishing performance/goals, providing training, and facilitating professional development
- Providing assistance with strategic planning, working with the leadership team and contributing to Long Term Planning processes in relation to Community Outcomes.
This is an incredibly important role in our Council team, reporting directly to the Asset Group Manager, with 1 direct report and 5 indirect reports.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have:
- A recognised postgraduate qualification in parks and outdoor recreation, or relevant qualification
- At least 10 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in successful staff leadership, mentoring and management
- Extensive work knowledge and understanding of community facilities and asset management
- Financial acumen and experience managing budgets
- Knowledge of and experience with technical reports
- Competence with developing and implementing new systems and processes
- Working knowledge of the relevant statutes and regulations to Council’s parks, reserves, and community facilities would be beneficial, as would previous knowledge of a working Council environment.
Waimate District is one of New Zealand’s best rural communities. We are a tight-knit, family-friendly Council in South Canterbury, who pride ourselves
on our inclusive, fun and friendly team culture, and being a great place to work!
To apply for this job go to: http://waimatedc.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5194769.
Applications close Saturday, 3 October 2020.
To apply for this job please visit waimatedc.recruitmenthub.co.nz.