Website Otara Waterways and Lake Charitable Trust
Looking for a job where you can influence both social and conservation outcomes for south Auckland communities?
Pest Free Urban South is a new initiative and needs a coordinator extraordinaire with the drive to take the programme to the next level. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys working with people from different age groups and from diverse cultural backgrounds, has exceptional administrative skills and a passion for conservation.
The role of Pest Free Urban South (PFUS) Coordinator will deliver a range of community-led activities and programmes within the diverse environments of the Ōtara-Papatoetoe, Māngere-Ōtāhuhu, Manurewa Local Board areas with a specific focus on pest animal and plant control. In particular, the coordinator position will lead the delivery of the recently developed Pest Free Urban South Strategic Plan.
We are looking for someone with:
- An interest in conservation and natural environment
- Experience in working with a range of groups and agencies including schools, mana whenua and volunteers.
- Demonstrated “self-starter”, showing initiative and ability to complete prioritised projects on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated experience in effective group development, building strong relationships and community empowerment
- Demonstrated people skills in face-to-face communication with individuals and groups as well as excellent phone, written, internet and other communications, including report writing.
- Experience and/or willingness to work cross culturally
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong time management skills – able to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Computer literate with demonstrated social media experience.
- Own transport with insurance and current driving licence
- Own laptop and software.
- Experience working with mana whenua and understanding of basic tikanga
- Strong interest in pest plant and animal control
- Experience writing grant applications
- Experience in public speaking and/or facilitation.
This is a part-time (approx. 24hrs/week) fixed-term contract position until 30 June 2022 (with potential to extend for another two years dependent on funding and performance).
The salary range is $40- $50/hr dependent on experience.
Please email email@example.com with your name and number if you require further information on the role.
To apply for this role please send your C.V. and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 24th September 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.