Website Wildland Consultants
We are looking for a Principal/Senior Ecologist (Freshwater) to join our nationwide team of dedicated and specialist ecologists, based in either our Christchurch or Dunedin office. This is a new position within the company. Wildlands ecologists provide services that apply sound ecological principles and in-depth knowledge of New Zealand vegetation, flora, and fauna and freshwater ecosystems to a range of projects and clients. They also identify and provide practical solutions to ecological challenges. We offer a competitive employment package, together with the opportunity to continue to develop your career in a leading NZ ecological consultancy.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- A post-graduate degree in freshwater ecology.
- 8 – 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Previous ecological consulting experience.
- Demonstrated experience in ecological survey work.
- Experience in managing multi-faceted projects.
- Project and budget management skills.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate on appropriate technical and commercial levels to a diverse range of current and potential clients.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Memberships with appropriate professional bodies.
- Full current New Zealand driver’s licence.
- 4WD experience.
Some key tasks include:
- To provide relevant specialist consultancy services in the area of freshwater in New Zealand (and possibly other countries).
- Managing, mentoring, developing and supporting other staff in areas of expertise and experience, to provide high quality outputs for clients, and build capacity in Wildlands for ecological
- To manage projects, and time effectively, achieving and keeping within project budgets.
- Acquisition of new freshwater work for Wildlands through past and current clients, networking and preparation of tender documents and proposals in association with Wildlands staff and other collaborators and
- Promote, expand and continue to develop the above areas of service and actively seek out work, in conjunction with other relevant company staff and relevant sub-
- Operating at a high professional level within the ecological sector.
- Development of solutions.
- Personal development and commitment to progressing your career as an ecologist.
- Supporting and contributing to the company’s national objectives.
- Proactively interpreting and taking appropriate actions/decisions.
If you have a genuine passion for freshwater ecology, a strong technical background, and are eager to become a valued member of the Wildlands team, register your interest today.
What we can offer
An opportunity for you to work on complex and interesting projects, in a fun work environment, with a supportive team.
We provide outstanding ecological services to sustain and improve our environments.
See our website www.wildlands.co.nz for further information on Wildland Consultants Ltd and how to apply for this position.
Applications close: Monday, 9 August 2021 at 5pm.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply for this job please visit www.wildlands.co.nz.