Website Wildland Consultants Ltd
We are looking for a Senior or Principal Ecologist who has experience in the supervision of staff, and has sound organisational skills to take responsibility for our Wellington ecology team and office. The position will be supported by the provision of administration assistance.
This role also involves the application of sound ecological principles to a range of projects, including in-depth knowledge of New Zealand vegetation or botany and fauna, and the ability to identify practical solutions to ecological challenges. The successful applicant will work on a range of projects within the company, particularly those based out of the Wellington Office. We offer the opportunity to continue to develop your career in a leading NZ ecological consultancy with a large team of ecologists.
Therefore, we require an experienced Senior or Principal Ecologist for this role, who has a good knowledge of New Zealand’s ecology, and experience with writing tender responses, contract reports, and managing fieldwork.
Working from our established office in Wellington, the successful applicant will also work closely with our wider team of ecologists around NZ.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- A post-graduate degree in ecology.
- Sound field skills covering a range of ecosystems, habitats, and taxa.
- Good knowledge and experience of New Zealand vegetation plant ecology, and/or fauna ecology and botany, including wetlands and/or restoration biology and ecological management.
- Skills in ecological restoration would be very useful.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate on appropriate technical and commercial levels to a diverse range of current and potential clients.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Further qualifications and membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Full current New Zealand driver’s licence.
- 4WD experience.
Some key tasks include:
- Operating at a high professional level within the ecological sector.
- Proactively managing the flow of information, correspondence, and queries.
- Management of the Wellington ecologist team at the office with administration assistance.
- Supervision of staff.
- Proactively interpreting and taking appropriate actions/decisions.
- Actively seek out work in consultation with Wildlands Chief Executive.
- Promoting company services.
What we can offer
An opportunity for you to develop your management skills and work on complex and interesting projects, in a fun and challenging work environment, with a supportive team.
We provide outstanding ecological services to sustain and improve our environments.
See our website www.wildlands.co.nz for further information on Wildland Consultants Ltd and how to apply for this position.
Applications close: Friday, 28 February 2020 at 5pm.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply for this job please visit www.wildlands.co.nz.